DeaDBeeF Music Player

Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 | Posted by Unknown | Labels: ,
Lubuntu 10.04-11.10
I already posted about my all-time favorite music player, Pithos, but sometimes I'm in the mood for an entire album from my collection. Enter DeaDBeeF, an incredibly lightweight music player.
I prefer DeaDBeef over the default Audacious because it has a simpler, more intuitive interface while retaining Audacious' leanness.

When playing a tune on my small netbook, I don't need to worry about RAM or CPU usage:
Want it? You can grab it by opening LXTerminal and pasting in the following:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:alexey-smirnov/deadbeef
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install deadbeef
As a final point, I love the file browser plugin. You can snag that here. After you download the .zip, extract it to temporary folder and copy the .so file(s) to
~/.local/lib/deadbeef/.
Enjoy DeaDBeef.
Did you find this post helpful? Subscribe to our RSS feed and stay connected with Lubuntu Tips!

0 comments:

Post a Comment